Organize the setting if possible:
- Find a private location.
Get it Straight:
- Listen, allow them to vent.
Restate the problem:
- “So it sounds to me that you’re frustrated because . . .”
Ask questions: clarify the facts.
Control your own anger:
Remain neutral even slightly sympathetic:
- “I can see how this would be frustrating.”
- Never blame.
Use open, relaxed body language.
Decide on your approaching for dealing with the problem:
- If necessary, explain your position, acknowledge your mistakes
Focus on solutions:
- Summarize the desired changes.